See Adobe InDesign: Tips and Tricks for similar articles.
Graphics and images can easily be sized to fit within a frame in the following ways.
- We’ll start with this unscaled image in a square frame.
- Go to the Object menu, then to Fitting, and select Fit Content Proportionally.
- The entire image is now scaled to fit proportionally within the frame.
- Another option would be to fill the frame. Go back to the Object menu, to Fitting, and select Fill Frame Proportionally.
- The image is now sized to fill the frame.
- The frame can also be scaled to match the image size. Go to the Object menu, then Fitting, and this time select Fit Frame to Content.
- In this case, the frame resizes to match the image.
- There are also buttons in the Control Panel that can be used.